Monday, April 23, 2012

"Journal Writing" Rural Delivery by Barbara Kingsolver

I grew up in the city where the only thing that seperated me from a mini mall was my backyard and a brick wall that I could easily climb over. The main streets where lined with palm trees and every house had grass in the front yard.The cultural lines crossed in every way there was no one culture that you could point out. As for political lines I can not really comment since at the time I lived in my childhood home I did not care about politics. I think outsiders viewed were I grew up as the getto. There were people getting shot all the time and you could constantly here the sirens going off. But I did not know any different so it was normal to me. Until moving to another city 60 miles away did I get to see and feel what it was like living where the sirens did not go off all night and people were not getting shot everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment